The Good, Bad, and the Ugly of Mexican Food

I feel super blessed. Out of all the meals and foods that we have been given while we've been here, I have liked all of them, except one. This week we were given Chicharrones, which are pork rinds, or just plain pork skin. The flavor was fine, but they had the nastiest texture I've ever felt before, and it was the first food that I haven't been able to finish since I've been here. My companions said I'll get used to it, but honestly I'm not sure.

Besides that meal, this week also flew by. Nothing too crazy happened, besides zone conference, which was fun. Our zone is the smallest in the mission, and I think they usually have about one more companionship of sisters and one or two more of Elders. It has cooled down a little this week, even though it still gets hot in the afternoons sometimes. I don't think I've ever felt like I'm getting sunburned in November before. It also rained again and so there are some mud pits every once in a while since the water has nowhere to go.

My head still hurts and I'm still really tired all the time from trying to understand everything that everyone says down here with how fast they speak and their accents, but things are still going good!

Something I started to do more recently is ready in the New Testament about the stories of Jesus and just how he acted and led helped people, and it has been super fun. I think that sometimes in the church we focus so much on the Book of Mormon that we begin to think that the Bible isn't as important or we don't give as much time to it as we should, and I'd just like to invite all you guys to make some time to read some stories of Jesus and his example, because it's helped me a lot in figuring out how to treat people and just learning more about him.

Love you guys, and see you next week!







Comments

Popular Posts